Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Email received May 17, 2010

Not much of note this week, except it felt like an eternity from one Sunday to the next; Wed felt like it should be Fri and by the time Fri came it seemed like a whole new week, Sat alone was at least three separate days. On the mission front the elders invited us to help them with a family of nine that want to be baptized this Fri (Dad, Mom, girl 11, boy 10, girl 9, girl 8, girl 7, girl 6, boy 2) only problem is Mom and Dad aren't married and even bigger issue is after living so long without the gospel there are consequences and issues that would probably take several years of intensive counseling & gospel study or a couple mighty changes of heart to overcome. But what can you do in just a short few weeks time? Pray awfully hard and be glad it's up to the Lord, the bishop, and the elders. That's another annoying thing about sin, the only options it leaves you with are hard and just-as-hard, how do you choose?

On the more lighthearted side: On Fri someone told us they were taking their kids to Robin Hood; Sis J: "You mean Red Robins?" In my head: "Maybe it's some local activity place?" Bro Moffat: "No, Robin Hood, the new movie with Russell Crowe!" Oh, yeah, that one that none of us have ever heard of because it wasn't even a twinkle in the writer's eye when we came out on our missions, gotcha, thanks. So we went inside and got keifer buds from Sis Moffat, yes keifer buds. Now we can make our own yogurt, exciting, huh? I think so. Apparently there are multiple ways to make yogurt, but I'm wondering if these are any relation to delicious Kefir yogurt drinks. I'll let you know if I figure out the recipe. Seeing as how they're live cultures, we weren't sure if they should count as illegal pets and if we should name them (Sis K. used to have a crush on a boy named Keifer, and the name Keefe came to my mind), but since they seem to grow pretty fast it would be hard to keep track of them so we decided to just consider them interesting. We're still experimenting with how they work and how much yogurt we will actually use any given day, but it's pretty cool.

I sang in one ward yesterday, but my camera wouldn't record for some reason, good thing I'm singing the same song in the other ward on the 30th, hopefully I'll get you a good copy then. I guess there were some other great lessons and visits this week, but I haven't even recorded them in my journal, I can't seem to be able to think of too many topics per email for fear of my brain exploding. Oh well, hopefully my brain lasts long enough to be able to share everything when I get home and show my slides all night like missionaries do.

Thanks for the emails and updates, keep staying out of trouble and try to stay healthy! Love you for eternity!

-Sis Cloward

P.S. The sister hike has been rescheduled to next week, so it may be a short email. Sending plenty of love this week.


Elder Powell tries on the armor in it's preliminary stages



While my companions were talking to their families Sunday night, Andrew Moffat roped me into playing Pirates of the Caribbean Stratego (wasn't to hard to do.) He was pounding me the whole game until the end when I just barely managed to pull ahead and give him what-for



Abby Lords models the finished armor
during the lesson



Get Your Own Free Hypster.com Playlist.
Elder Jones and I sing Because He Lives at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment