Thursday, June 3, 2010

Email received Jun 1, 2010

I hope I'll have time next week to send updated pics and songs, it's been a crazy few weeks. Transfers were this morning, three people left from our district including Sis Johnson, but she only just went to South Zone so she's not too far away; in fact, she's sitting only a few feet away from me (we both come out of zone to use this library). Even though it's only been three hours since we saw her, it feels like she's been gone for a week; we already started cleaning and rearranging the apartment. We're all pretty excited because our district this past transfer has been The Bomb!!! so we're sad to lose such awesomness, but nobody new came in (they combined two areas) so we're all going to be pretty tight still, yay!!! (D'ya like my lingo - I've been spending too much time with 19 year-old boys).

In other news, we have a baptism on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be my first since Dec as I missed the one in March, plus this is a young boy who has been wanting to get baptized for a few years and his parents finally gave him permission. I'm so grateful I got to meet him and be a part of his journey; I'm glad it's finally working out for him, but I can definitely see the Lord's hand in the timing of everything. We've been having the lessons every Mon night at the home of the Lords family and that has been a blessing to every person involved in some form or another. I can't wait for y'all to meet them when we come visit my mission next year! That is already on the calendar, right?

-Sis. Cloward

P.S. We were talking to someone the other day about a charity they support which focuses on helping people regain well-being (something like Pransky maybe? I think the website was joyfulhope.org); they also mentioned a book by a guy whose research shows 7(?) different forms/causes of depression and how different treatments styles are required for each one (I think the book was Making a Good Brain Better). It all sounded very interesting, didn't know if you'd had heard of any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment